Thursday, July 20th, 2017 | Barbara Watkins
PREPARING YOUR HOME FOR A SHOWING
While I will do my best to give you as much time as possible to prepare for a showing, sometimes an interested buyer is only available last minute. Ideally, it would be wonderful to have your home in tip-top condition 24 hours a day, but I understand that you live there. However, it is important to present your house in the best light possible and make it available to as many potential buyers as possible.
Here are some quick and easy tips to help you get your house ready for a showing in 30 minutes or less. Of course, if you have more time, you can dig further into the details of house preparation!
- Make sure the front door is clean and presents well.
- Sweep your front steps, if needed, and make sure the walkway is clear.
- Pick up any toys, tools, shoes, dog beds, dog toys or other out-of-place objects.
- Make the beds.
- Open window treatments and turn on the lights.
- Put any dirty dishes in the dishwasher.
- Put any dirty laundry inside the washing machine.
- Do as much general tidying as you can. The less clutter, the better.
If You Still Have Time
- Quickly run the vacuum and/or sweeper to give carpets and floors a fresh look.
- Wipe down counters and tabletops.
- Be sure the house smells fresh and clean.